What's World Usability Day (WUD)?
It's an annual event that promotes usability, user-centered design and the right of users to demand better and more efficient products and services.
Since 2006, Telono has been proudly celebrating World Usability Day in Geneva with a free after-work event: this year’s theme is "Designing for the future we want" (inspired by the United Nation's "17 Sustainable Development Goals") and it will take place on Thursday 14 November from 6.30 PM at the Geneva SDG Solution Space.
As usual, we will have great speakers, networking time and drinks and once again, this event is co-organised with the Digital Strategy and UX Meetup, Geneva's largest grassroots gathering of digital enthusiasts.
The program, starting at 6.30 pm
- "Social and digital innovations to improve SDGs" by Isabelle Wachsmuth (Project Manager, Innovation for Service Delivery and Quality, Universal Health Coverage - World Health Organization)
"As declared by WHO's Director General, "Harnessing the power of digital technologies is essential for achieving universal health coverage. Ultimately, digital technologies are not ends in themselves; they are vital tools to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable."
Isabelle Wachsmuth focuses on this topic, SDG #3 (Good Health and Well Being), and will explain WHO's approach on three aspects of digital health: governance, accessibility and affordability."
- "Designing for and with entrepreneurs in developing countries – Using HCD in The Gambia and beyond" by Adriana De Oro (Project Manager & Innovation Coordinator - International Trade Centre)
"Through our Innovation Lab, the International Trade Centre (ITC) is using human-centred design to improve the design and implementation of our projects supporting MSMEs in developing countries. The presentation will provide an introduction into how we do this with examples from our work with youth entrepreneurs in ITC projects."
- Drinks & Networking: Join us and feel free to have a drink on us and mingle with Geneva's UX scene!
Gifts for attendees
- 15% discount on the UX-PM (UX for Project Managers) international certification rate for sessions booked this year and provided within your company (in 2019 or 2020) .
- Possibility for one person to win a free UX-PM 1 training & certification in French (value of CHF 1'490) ! (The winner will be selected by drawing lots at the end of the event - you need to show your interest on the registration form to participate)
- Possibility for one person to win 2 hours of free UX coaching ! (The winner will be selected by drawing lots at the end of the event)
Where will it take place?
The SDG Solution Space is located at Avenue de Sécheron 15:
The event is free but places are limited:
Do you want to see what to expect?
You can check the WUD 2018 pictures on our Facebook page.