What's World Usability Day (WUD)?
It's an annual event that promotes usability, user-centered design and the right of users to demand better and more efficient products and services.
Since 2006, Telono has been proudly celebrating World Usability Day in Geneva with a free after-work event: 2019 year’s theme was "Designing for the future we want" (inspired by the United Nation's "17 Sustainable Development Goals") and it took place on Thursday 14 November 6.30 PM at the Geneva SDG Solution Space.
As usual, we had great speakers, networking time, drinks and once again, this event was co-organised with the Digital Strategy and UX Meetup, Geneva's largest grassroots gathering of digital enthusiasts.
- "Social and digital innovations to improve SDGs" by Isabelle Wachsmuth (Project Manager, Innovation for Service Delivery and Quality, Universal Health Coverage - World Health Organization)
"As declared by WHO's Director General, "Harnessing the power of digital technologies is essential for achieving universal health coverage. Ultimately, digital technologies are not ends in themselves; they are vital tools to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable."
Isabelle Wachsmuth focused on this topic, SDG #3 (Good Health and Well Being), and explained WHO's approach on three aspects of digital health: governance, accessibility and affordability."
- "Designing for and with entrepreneurs in developing countries – Using HCD in The Gambia and beyond" by Adriana De Oro (Project Manager & Innovation Coordinator - International Trade Centre)
"Through our Innovation Lab, the International Trade Centre (ITC) is using human-centred design to improve the design and implementation of our projects supporting MSMEs in developing countries. The presentation will provide an introduction into how we do this with examples from our work with youth entrepreneurs in ITC projects."
- Drinks & Networking: the right moment to have a drink on us and mingle with Geneva's UX scene
Gifts for attendees
- 15% discount on the UX-PM (UX for Project Managers) international certification rate.
- Possibility for one person to win a free UX-PM 1 training & certification in French (value of CHF 1'490) (Congratulations to Agnieszka Szpakowska for winning the free training this year!)
- Possibility for one person to win 2 hours of free UX coaching (The winner was also selected by drawing lots at the end of the event... and Rodrigo Amorim was the lucky one 🙂 )
Where did it take place?
The SDG Solution Space is located at Avenue de Sécheron 15:
Do you want to see how it went?
We hope to see you at the 2020 edition but you can check meanwhile some pictures of the event on our Facebook page!