Since 2006, Telono has been proudly celebrating World Usability Day in Geneva with a free after-work event (but registration is required!): this year’s theme is "UX design for good or evil" and it will take place on Thursday 8 November @ Impact Hub (next to Cornavin train station), from 6.30 to 9pm.
Once again, this event is co-organised with the Digital Strategy and UX Meetup, Geneva's largest grassroots gathering of digital enthusiasts.
What is World Usability Day?
It's an annual event that was founded by the User Experience Professionals’ Association (UXPA) to promote usability, user-centered design and the right of users to demand better and more efficient products and services. In Geneva, the event takes the form of a friendly after-work where you can attend talks (in English) and network with people interested in UX.
See this video to have an overview of how it was last year 😉
The program, starting at 6.30 pm
- "Design for Global Good in Public Health" by Isabelle Wachsmuth (Project Manager, Innovation for Service Delivery and Quality, Universal Health Coverage - World Health Organization)
"The importance of public health for public good is absolutely critical to encapsulate the dimensions of human and ecosystem health as well as their interrelationships. Health for All has been a major social goal of all nations since it was adopted by the World Health Assembly in 1977 - but what is the level of implementation today? Sustainable development has become a major goal for many nations since the publication of the Brundtland Report (the guiding principle for sustainable development as it is generally understood today) in 1987. How do these global movements and their national and local manifestations impact design of solutions for good?"
- "Design for Good: Are we building an abundant economy?" by Helga Stegmann (CEO - Mantaray, South African UX agency)
"With big problems come big audacious ideals: can good design change the world?
Designing for good is even more critical today than it has ever been.
Helga will dive into what is happening on the African continent, delving into the market few people understand and showing where good design is making an impact on people’s lives in a real way and leap-frogging over problems giving a different perspective. This is a good news story; in solving Africa’s problems, could we be solving some of the world’s biggest concerns, in an abundant and interesting way?"
- Drinks & Networking: Join us and feel free to have a drink on us and mingle with Geneva's UX scene!
Gifts for attendees
- 15% discount on the UX-PM (UX for Project Managers) international certification rate for sessions provided within your company.
- Possibility for one person to win a free UX-PM 1 training & certification in French (value of CHF 1'850) ! (The winner will be selected by drawing lots at the end of the event - you need to show your interest on the registration form to participate)
- Possibility for one person to win 2 hours of free UX coaching ! (The winner will be selected by drawing lots at the end of the event)
Where will it take place?
The Impact Hub is a coworking space, located at Rue Fendt 1, close to the main Geneva train station:
The event is free but places are limited: